Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Coming Soon...

OUR FIRST BABY IS ON THE WAY!

We are so overwhelmed with joy. About 4 weeks ago we found out we are expecting our first baby.

About a month ago I started to feel different, I was tired and sleepy almost all day every day, it didn't matter how many naps I'd take I was still tired and ready to go to bed at 8pm at night and when I started feeling sick to my stomach I knew it was time to take a trip to the drug store and get some pregnancy tests.
A million and one thoughts went through my head, I'd never gone to the store to buy p.tests so this in itself was a new adventure, they have so many, some with a smiley face I guess if it is a happy face you are pregnant and if it is a sad face you are not, some with a plus or a minus, some with one bar and two bars and some with the word "pregnant" or "not pregnant" so I went with the most obvious one, the last one I didn't want to be confused I wanted to read the actual words.
When I got home from the store Jonathan was still at work, so I waited a couple of hours which felt like days.

As soon as he got home I ran to the bathroom and locked myself in with the infamous stick. I waited and got our very first "Pregnant" I was so excited and yet I couldn't believe at the same time, I had dreamt of that day for so long that I couldn't believe that it was finally here, the day I'd been longing for was happening at that very moment. 
I walked as fast as I could back to the room and couldn't wait to tell him the news, I couldn't plan a cute and original reveal for my husband, "ain't nobody got time for that" when you have such news!  I just stood in awe of the news holding the test and showed it to him with a huge smile on my face.


We wanted to make sure everything was going well and that we were in fact pregnant so a couple of weeks and many positive tests later we went to the doctor and got the same result and couldn't be any happier.

Time flew by while we processed what was going on, and when we were 100% sure we were pregnant we told our family and very closed friends. We couldn't hold it any longer this joy was way to big to hold it in. Everyone was of course extremely happy to receive such news.

In the midst of everything that is going through my head, the good, the overwhelming thoughts of being a mom for the first time, the uncertainty of the unknown and what it is to come I can just hold on to God's word and the fact that His perfect will is coming to pass in our lives in His perfect timing.
God gave us a word when we started seeking His guidance about when we should start trying to have a baby and he reminded us of His faithfulness and His perfect love. We had been waiting for this moment for a while and at times we had questions weather it was time or not we didn't want to miss it, but we also didn't want our will to be done but His. It was never a question of IF but it was always a matter of WHEN and NOW is the time and we are certain that His favor and blessing is with us and our baby.

Psalms 145: 13-14
Your Kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and your dominion endures through all generations. The Lord is faithful to all his promises and loving toward all he has made. The Lord upholds all those who fall and lifts up all who are bowed down.

We have waited, we seek His face constantly and now we have been rewarded with the ultimate privilege to be able to carry a baby and bring him/her to this world.

James 1:17
Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.

No comments:

Post a Comment