Friday, May 31, 2013

The Gospel In Her Home {Promises}


Today I had a lot of time to myself since I am on Summer break and this morning was very low key and I had this beautiful view of pretty peonies.
I spent my morning meditating in God's promises and purpose for my marriage my life and our future. I was able to look back and meditate in the different people in our life, scriptures and moments that we've had since this year started. Revisited New Year's resolutions, prayers and what have I accomplished so far and where I need to step it up. 
As I was doing so I was overwhelmed with joy to see how far we've come, how have we seen His hand through it all and how His promises to our life are coming in to pass at His perfect time.

1 Kings 8:56-61 56Praise be to the LORD, who has given rest to his people Israel just as he promised. Not one word has failed of all the good promises he gave through his servant Moses.57May the LORD our God be with us as he was with our fathers; may he never leave us nor forsake us. 58May he turn our hearts to him, to walk in all his ways and to keep the commands, decrees and regulations he gave our fathers. 59And may these words of mine, which I have prayed before the LORD, be near to the LORD our God day and night, that he may uphold the cause of his servant and the cause of his people Israel according to each day's need, 60so that all the peoples of the earth may know that the LORD is God and that there is no other. 61But your hearts must be fully committed to the LORD our God, to live by his decrees and obey his commands, as at this time."

His promises in and through Christ have, are and will be fulfilled. There is a beautiful past, present and future element to God's promises but the beauty of it also is that God's promises remind us of our role in the process. In response to what God has done, is doing and will do, we are called to live in faithfulness and love.

Psalm 145:13-14 
13Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and your dominion endures through all generations. The LORD is faithful to all his promises and loving toward all he has made. 14The LORD upholds all those who fall and lifts up all who are bowed down.

I have seen His promises come to pass and I am VERY excited to see many more become a reality in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment