Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Marriage & Godliness


One year One month and Eighteen days since we got married.
A wife of noble character is her husband's crown, but a disgraceful wife is like decay in his bones. Proverbs 12:4
He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the Lord. 
Proverbs 18:22
This year has brought many learning experiences, many challenges, many joys and the best of all we have faced them all together.
I will not say we are perfect but we sure strive to do the Lord's will in our lives every day and therefore we see the fruits reflected in our marriage.
I am thankful every day for my husband and for the season we are in. Sometimes it is hard to understand why we are going through whatever it is that we are going through or why is it that we are not yet where we "should be" but His word always reminds me that "His thoughts are not my thoughts, neither are His ways my ways (Isaiah 55:8) and I am able to get back on track. 
God will take care of us if we trust Him. 
I want to put most of my efforts into growing in godliness. I want to be more concerned about the condition of my heart.

"Being satisfied in God always seems easier when all is going well, but when things you love are being stripped out of your hands, then the test is real. if God remains precious in those moments, then his supreme worth shines more brightly, he is most glorified" ~John Piper

No comments:

Post a Comment